I was feeling a little down lately so i decided to amp up my makeup collection! As Samantha Jones would say, "break ups are bad for the heart, but good for the economy." and what better way to bolster up the economy than to buy local brands, right? also, i am gearing up for another asian trip and i prefer to bring fanny serrano cosmetics than my high end ones because i simply don't trust the stevedores and baggage dudes to handle up my fragiles.
These are what i bought:
the boring stuff first
1. contact lens (monthlies)
2. contact lens case - my old one was getting dirty already
3. small lens solution - something that would fit my bag
4. packets of disposable teeth cleaner - i got curious, and with 15pesos a pop, i decided to buy several.
okay. 'nuff of boring non-makeup stuff! lol
The Good Stuff:
Marionnaud brushesI originally bought the travel set, pointed eyeshadow brush, and the slanted eyeline and eyebrows double side brush but i left it in Waterfront Lahug in Cebu. :( so I had to re-buy them. within the span of 1 week, i was able to buy most of the ones in watson's. i am just missing the retractable brush which i plan to pick up tomorrow. :D i have the following now (L-R in photos)
1. Travel Set
2. Large Powder Brush
3. Fluid Foundation Brush
4. Slanted Blusher Brush
5. Concealer Brush
6. Pointed Eyeshadow Brush
7. Eyeshadow Brush
8. Slanted Eyeline & Eyebrows Double Side Brush
I will go into detail about this brushes when i do the formal review next! :D
Fanny Serrano CosmeticsI fell in love with Fanny Serrano Cosmetics since last year, and unlike boyfriends, i have never fallen out of love with FS yet. lol!
1. Two-Way Cake in Rajah - for contour
2. Two-Way Cake in Orleans - to warm up my face, so i don't look too pale.
3. Eyebrow Powder - self-explanatory. lol
4. Two-Way Cake in Organza - my natural shade
5. Two-Way Cake in Silk - for highlight
paired with the FS concealers and used with the Marionnaud brushes, it creates a fantastic no-make up look, yet it covers blemishes, dark spots and under-eye circles!
I came across Ever Bilena's new line, the Mousse Cosmetics, and i have been curious enough to test it out in the counters. i loved what i saw so i got the ones i wanted. haven't roadtested them much tho as i've just gotten them yesterday. :D
1. Mousse Matte Foundation in Hazelnut - with pinkish undertone for under-eye.
2. Mousse Matte Foundation in Acorn - my natural shade
3. Mousse Concealer in Pure Beige - to conceal blemishes.
1. Mousse Blush in Dusty Mauve - a peach colored blush
2. Mousse Blush in Rose Pink - reddish-pink colored blush, more on the pink side tho.
3. Mousse Eyeshadow in Amber - copper-nude mousse shadow (think paintpots)
4. Mousse Blush in Aster - Pink. no other way to describe it. amazing color tho.
5. Mousse Blush in Scarlet - Reddish-Orange blush.
expect swatches, especially of the blushes on my next posts. :D
there you have it. i hoped you enjoyed viewing these as much as i have enjoyed buying them! lol. a truly hope this "inspires" you into looking into the treasures of our local makeup brands. :D