- Deluxe Eyeshadow Compact with 15 coordinating shades (Sugar Cube, Ivory Box, Honey Drop, Lavender, Chocolate, Tea Biscuit, Copper Penny, Petal, Mulberry, Pale Moon, Cinnamon, Apricot and Mocha Cup in Pure Color Eyeshadow, plus Sage Duo in Estée Lauder Signature Eyeshadow).
- Deluxe Face Compact (Estée Lauder Signature Silky Powder Blush in Rosewood and Nude Rose, and Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer).
- Four Pure Color Long Lasting Lipsticks (full-size, in Candy, Rose Tea, Fig and Tiger Eye).
- Three Artist’s Eye Pencils (great for smoky eyes, in SoftSmudge Black, SoftSmudge Brown and Slate Writer).
- Projectionist High Definition Volume Mascara (10-day supply, in Black).
- Lash Primer Plus (10-day supply).
- Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (3.4 oz.).
- Four deluxe makeup brushes (powder, blush, lip and eye).
- Golden standup mirror.
- Cosmetic traveler case.
- Companion makeup case. A $340 value.
i have this thing regarding hauls. i love love love reading other people's hauls and i don't have anything against it, but i am not too comfortable posting mine. don't ask me why, it's just my thing.
Dear Makeup Artists in the Santino Serye,
Splattering blood all over does not a believable accident wound make.
a thinking viewer.
okay. ever since sembreak, i've been hooked to the santino serye.
the last episode i saw was the one where desiree del valle pushed dina bonevie off the cliff.
before des pushed dina off tho, they were having this fabulous confrontation scene. and i have to give it to Desiree del Valle. she acted her ass off even tho her foundation was several shades lighter for her skin tone. she completely soldiered on. it was kinda distracting to watch her, with the ghost face and all, but she acted her ass off as if the MUA did not butcher her face. then she pushed dina off the cliff or sumwhat. the next scene tho was in her house, a follow up of the cliffpushing scene and her foundation was totally the right shade already. good job MUA!
what boggles me off in this serye tho is that they looooove pushing people off the cliff and putting the actors in car accidents. i mean, ive been watching the serye for two weeks on and off and ive seen dina push someone off the cliff, be pushed off the same cliff, and participate in a car accident. that's all fine tho, wouldnt be a pinoy serye if nobody got pushed off the cliff. i'm actually surprised nobody's got blown up yet.
it's kinda distracting that in all these accidents, dina, the mother of santino, and dina's son did not sport any accident wound at all. they all just splattered blood all over! where did all those blood come from when there's no open wound huh?!!?
so i did this:and a more elaborate:
and all these just using aido eyelash glue, ever bilena concealer stick and setting powder, fashion 21 lipstick in wild cherry and aido brow duo.
i'm pretty sure with your makeup training and your more sophisticated makeup tools you can do a better job.
pick up the slack people!
in my cosmetics' expiration dates post, ive talked about sanitizing cosmetics.
- mascaras, lip glosses and everything else that comes in a tube with a wand applicator.
- pressed powders, compacts, blushes
- eye pencils/ lip pencils and any other pencils
- mousses, creams, etc.
- anything with pumps or a tightly sealed opening
- brushes, sharpeners etc.
- practice makeup hygiene in a makeup counter when testing products.
-Try makeup on at a counter manned by a salesperson who can oversee hygienic usage, and use single-use applicator. Or ask an in-store makeup artist, who likely has been trained to use sanitary measures, for help.
-Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer before and after visiting a makeup counter.
-Test products that come from a shaker or squeeze-pump dispenser, not an open container.
this is a quickie post. for pics please refer to my old hauls.
- you eliminate the use of plastics. less plastics, less garbage. less garbage the more we can avoid a repeat of ondoy.
- you double your points in your rustan's fresh card (you can also use your shopwise card, but i opted to get the fresh card for 200 pesos) as long as it all fits there.
- it can help you save - if you're like me who's a sucker for points, you'd make sure that all your purchases would fit into the bag so you get to double the points. if it doesnt fit, it doesnt meet the cash register. simple as that.
- for just 99.50 you get a tote bag and give mother nature a breather.
- you can use it at shopwise supermarkets as well.
- it's a lot easier to carry rather than plastic bags that are susceptible to breakage
- admit it, it's a lot more chic to be seen carrying tote bags than ugly plastic bags. :P
i went grocery shopping today. with the event of ondoy, i didnt realize i was running low on supplies here in manila as i was cooped up in the province. when i went back last week. i had to use everything up to the last drop! i didnt have the time to hit the groceries last week, see.
okay, so this post is about makeup expiration dates.
- most makeup has a 2year mark.
- cream concealers, cream blushes, cream shadows, anything cream-based-12-18 months
- water-based foundation - 12 months
- oil based foundation - 18 months
- powders, either blushes, shadows, foundies - 24 months
- pencil liners - 24-36 months as long as sharpened regularly
- mascara - 3 months, no exceptions!
- liquid liners - 3-6 months
- gel-based blushes, cleansers, etc - 12-18 months
- lipsticks - 12-36 months depending on usage and hygienic practices
- lipgloss - 18 - 24 months
- nail polish - 1 year
- mineral makeup - as long as you don't wet them it lasts forever.
- sponges - as long as you dont share them and wash them once a week it should last you a month.
- keep your make up in a cool dry place. i have a spare ref in my room, and i put all my liquids and cream based makeup there
- never , ever share cosmetics, or if you do, make sure to use disposables and never ever ever double dip
- if you use a water-based foundation, and it dries out, just add a few drops of alcohol-free toner and shake.
- i always keep sharpies (pentel pens) and stickers in my train case. every time i open a new product, i date them, so i'd know when it's gonna expire. you can also use tape for this. i find that if i write directly on the product it tends to fade away no matter how permanent the marker is.
- i cannot stress this enough. throw away mascaras after three months
- before my lipsticks expire, i melt them, add petroleum jelly if needed, and a few extra drops of vitamin E.
- sharpen pencils regularly. this will keep them fresh and bacteria-free
- if you're doing makeup, even for your mom or sister use a petri-dish. never ever double dip. sometimes i use my sponge case for this. sometimes i use a santized non-working cd. i also use a stainless spatula to scoop out products. if i can't find them, i use a disposable plastic knife. sometimes, when i am in a jiffy, i even use the tip of my brush. shh.
- you can use the previous tip too if you wish to add water or liquids to your makeup. it keeps them sanitized. remember that bacteria festers on moist materials.
- disposables are your best friends. i always keep a box of kleenex to sanitize my products when other people touches it. qtips are very handy too! it can double as an eye brush or a lip brush. i also keep a bag of disposable sponges.
i have been using pillboxes as makeup storage for about two years now. i got these particular pillboxes from the my aunt's clinic (hanging out in the hospital sure has its perks) but i think most pillboxes are available in all leading groceries and drugstores.
tagged by stockpiled! (angie) and girl with glasses (jing). :P i tag all of my followers! Create a New Blog Post, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your title as "Getting to Know Each Other!", then tag as many people as you like :)
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5.30 a lotta early for me!
2. How do you like your steak? well done
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? the proposal, with somebody i soo do not want to propose! :P
4. What is your favorite TV show? friends, charmed, boston legal and sex and the city. yea.. all discontinued
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? New York! :P or prolly wet london.. tokyo too or hk.. yea.. am a city girl through and through.. wouldnt trade manila for the world tho! :)
6. What did you have for breakfast? pan de sal with quesong puti
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Japanese.. some italian too! :P nothing beats pinoy cuisine tho
8. What foods do you dislike? lemme think.. ahh hate hate hate sour foods. hate hate hate fish on soup..
9. Favorite place to eat? DAMPA! hmn. where else.. oh, i love love love chocolate kiss and banapple.. tomas morato area mostly..
10. Favorite dressing? vinaigrette.. good 'ol mayo will do too! or honey mustard.. really i'm not that fussy.. as long as there's a dressing i'm good
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? i don't drive anymore.. :P i used to drive an adventure. i would love to drive a 1964 volkswagon. yea, i'm not too fussy with cars
12. What are your favorite clothes? ooh.. i love love love shorts.. or dresses. im in love with dresses right now.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? hongkong to see mikael! australia to see tishan, and malibu to visit kath, rye and andy.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? optimism all the way. half full
15. Where would you want to retire? beautiful baguio sounds appealing to me. or maybe somewhere as laid back such as LA or australia.
16. Favorite time of day? midnight!
17. Where were you born? makati medical center
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? basketball! let's go archers, let's go
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? idk
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? idk
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? i'd love to see everyone's insights
22. Bird watcher? not too big on nature.. sorry.. i told you i'm a city girl through and through
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? definitely a night person!
24. Do you have any pets? i used to have a pet ant.. :P i'm not allowed to have pets cuz of the asthma
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? yes!! will be performing on wednesday with the gang at house of runes, and bookfair's coming up which is ALWAYS good. i kind of have this bookfair "pilgrimage" i'm on my third year now.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? i wanted to be a nun! :P seriously tho, ever sincve i was little i wanted to be a lawyer..
27. What is your best childhood memory? i have a lot.. ive had the best of memories as far as childhood goes
28. Are you a cat or dog person? i HATE cats (sorry) so imma say dogs
29. Are you married? Nope. not in a long long time. no plans at all.
30. Always wear your seat belt? only if i dont trust the driver (ehem at pj and gabby!!)
31. Been in a car accident? yes. i was driving. that's why i dont drive anymore
32. Any pet peeves? wrong grammar, nonsensical text messages, backstabbing people.. and i dont like the gay lingo at all... i also don't like making lait or chismis about other people
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? CHEESE! i know, boring much.
34. Favorite Flower? stargazers and lilies.. :D
35. Favorite ice cream? butter pecan and pistachio
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? burger king.. only because they have onion rings and the best mayo ever. oh, and free wi-fi! :D
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? i didnt. :P
38. From whom did you get your last email? tishan.. begging me to visit him in australia, even if he had to pay for the plane. i simply do not have the time.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? marionnaud, bayo, watsons, nine west. i've very cheap thrills. except for bags.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? will be doing something spontaneous soon! but it's a secret
41. Like your job? yes.. :P
42. Broccoli? yummy yummy yummy!
43. What was your favorite vacation? super takas weekend with jt at bali.. :P
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? tita jo and lem lem
45. What are you listening to right now? aiza seguerra.. damn she's good!
46. What is your favorite color? green!
47. How many tattoos do you have? just one.. secret! :P
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? all my followers but i think most of them did this already
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 12:38
50. Coffee drinker? oh yes.
tagged by stockpiled! (angie) and girl with glasses (jing). :P
i tag all of my followers!
Create a New Blog Post, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your title as "Getting to Know Each Other!", then tag as many people as you like :)
i have careline loose shadows in several colors but i decided to make a review on vanilla white
they're no mac pigments, but for 80 bucks (pesos) a pop, they aint so bad.
they're very pigmented too! i have several individual ones and i have duos, and i love them! i just use a good base so that it sticks. being loose and all, it tends to fall out fast, but with a sticky base (i use my white gel liner most of the time) it works fantastic!
this review however is for the individual ones, more specifically, it's for the vanilla white variant.
it has so many uses. most of the time, i use it as a highlighter for the brow bone, the cheekbone and sometimes even the cupid's bow (upper lip area).
most of the time, i mix it with a liquid foundation or even a tinted moisturizer and i'm good to go. i did this mostly last summer, when it's too hot to put on makeup and i just want to put a little coverage and to even out my skin tone. it gives me that subtle glow, and it gives me a kind-of MAC strobe cream look, minus the pinkish tinge, which is okay for me. it doesnt come off as too shiny, oily look, but it just gives my face a certain pop.
i also mix it with careline's mestiza white loose shadow and petroleum jelly and it's my instant lip balm which i use on bare lips and i'm good to go. sometimes i put it on top of a lipstick and it doubles as a great lipgloss. useful, innit? (pics to follow, i left my pre-made one in manila)
you have to watch out for the crappy packaging tho. the bottom part unsticks like 9 out of 10 times and it leaves a serious mess in my trunk, which i hate. i saw the salesladies at watson's festival use a trusty scotch tape to keep it in place, but i dont use scotch tapes, so i used my invisible tape (sticks better, in my opinion)
i find it too oppressive that mac pigments are always, always out of stock here, so i make do with the next alternative.
i give this product 3.5 lipsticks.
i took points off because of its crappy packaging and limited color options.
oh and i bought sunnies! yay me! i know, i look like a bug, but i love love it.
(and a little preview of my new baby, harlowe!)
good morning everyone! i woke up feeling energized at 6:30 am today even though i had a terrible night last night. my head aches are getting really bad that i can't function at all when i'm having one of those episodes.. :(
but it's all good now1 i'm good, just a bit pressed for time cuz i have midterm exams all through this week and i haven't studied a thing.. oh noes. i am actually here at krispy kreme studying.
i just wanna let you guys know that my buy ban is officially over! yay! was able to snag harlowe! my limited edition old rose colored msi wind netbook. i am in love.
oh, and this uber cutie little baby boy blew kisses at me a while ago and i fell for it bigtime! i am in love.
how was your day?
i received that message from him straight via twitter waay back and i'm typing it from memory so im not sure if it's a direct quote but it's pretty close. this has been my mantra for a while now and i just wanted to share it with you guys.
til next post
ciao bbs! :D
yea. i know i told you guys i would not be hauling for about 8 weeks cuz im actually saving money for a new netbook with at least a bigger screen, but i can justify my haul, i promise!
first, i bought a MAC Mineralize Skin Finish cuz i really really am lemming for one for so long now and everytime i try to buy one, it's always out of stock. well, now that i really am trying not to buy, like a devil's temptation, there it was selling like pancakes.. so i had to get one before it gets out of stock again.... and i love love love it! no regrets at all!
second, i bought another fanny serrano concealer in walnut cuz i lost mine. i travel back and forth between manila and laguna weekly and with all the packing and traveling, you just lose stuff. i really am dependent on this concealer so dont sue me! :D
finally, ive been wanting to get this nichido palette cuz it's so cheap and i could just put it in my travel case or my kikay kit and forget about it, then when emergency strikes, it's there! :D i like the neutral/earth colors too!
so there you have it, my cheat haul. :D
last sunday, i was invited by marionnaud, mall of asia to attend a mac technique workshop. the workshop was spearheaded by owen, and he was actually very good but he didnt say anything i didnt already know from watching youtube videos and reading makeup forums. also, i had to run out before it ended cuz i had to meet a friend somewhere else. the workshop was supposed to be from 2-4 pm, but it started at around 3pm na.
they had loot bags for us as well which contained a loofah and a 200 peso gift check that you could use with a 25oo single receipt purchase. also, they gave out a nail grooming kit for every single receipt purchase which i was able to get with a mac mineralized skin finish natural. i am particularly happy with this cuz ive been lemming for an msf natural for so long now!
the food was good too! they got the pastries from delifrance so it's yummy!
owen was actually very informative, giving us the history of MAC, and sharing with us cool tips and tricks. i know, i know. ive said that you could prolly hear all those tips and tricks online but it's nice to see it live in action. too bad i had to run out early. but these are the things i learned:
(i didnt actually take notes so i'm only writing from memory)
- always start with a clean canvass (face) which made me want the strobe cream! too bad im not allowed to wear a moisturizer just yet
- use proper tone correctors in concealing: salmon colors counter acts with the bluish undertones (especially under the eyes), green counter acts with red, and purple counter acts with yellow
- MAC studio fix compact is made to be applied dry. we are not supposed to use it wet cuz that'll just break the compact. if you really need to apply it wet then scrape off a few products and put it in a separate dish or container and then wet it.
- instead of retouching with powder immediately, blot with tissue first to remove the oil and prevent clogging of pores
- you could still wear a lively colored shadow (i.e. purple) to work/school just use a light hand in applying. that way you are not constricted to merely using neutrals
- after applying your blush, dust some powder over it, that way, it will seem as if you are blushing from with in
- moisturize lips before actual gloss/lipstick application. it helps to use a lip conditioner.
hey bbs.. i'm so busy with school work, like seriously. i just hurdled my first midterm exam this week and it was just hard.. i even rattled some of my barrister friends for wills and succession answers that started a whole barrage of debates from them. :D
also, ive been appointed editor-in-chief for the newsletter, so ive been revising and editing and lay-outing the past two weeks or so..
poetry performance. house of runes was a blast!! see you guys again next month! yay
but this blog is not about boring school work
it's about putting my makeup life in perspective
and these are the things i wish to achieve before i die(how morbid)
1. take a makeup class for pros
2. have my own makeup line
3. have a makeup award
i know, a bit ambitious but that's what i hope to achieve..
a girl can dream, right?
this is originally a "25 random facts about me" when i was first tagged about this in facebook. most of the things tho are personal/and or boring stuff, so i decided to trim it down to 10 before sharing this with you lovelies. :)
i just want to share bits and pieces of my life with you guys and if you wanna follow suit, please, feel free to do so. i would love to know more about you too! :D
WARNING: this is a LOOOOOONG read so if you dont want to waste 3-5 minutes of your time (possibly even more) then feel free to hit the back button and regular beauty blogging will be up next when i feel like it. :D
here goes.. :P
1. i am afraid of the dark.
yea. most people who sleep over asks why i dont turn the lights off EVER, and i respond by handing them an eye mask. that's why i sooo luuuurve espaldon... thanks for the eye mask u gave me for xmas/bday! this is because i have an over active imagination. and to block off unwanted sounds (i.e. kaluskos, katok, bulong, nguy nguy, etc) i always have sounds on. be it my dvd player on repeat or my ipod or my laptop, something'ss got to be playing in the back ground.
2. my ultimate dream is to be chased off by paparazzis princess diana style.
oh yea. too bad the sport of pap shots is kinda illegal here.. :( i know lack of privacy and all that. this may sound as too attention-seeking and all but i just think i woulda love the thrill of the chase and all that. this is also why i rarely get out of the house in a state of cringe-worthy get up. i may have mastered that casual look/no makeup thang going on but to let you in on a lil secret, all of those casual-no-make-up-look is cunningly planned. quite exhausting and taxing.. ayyyluuuuurrrrvveeitt!
3. I am not attached to my mobile phone.
as in i could go on for days without glancing at it, or even check if there are messages, much to my friends' dismay. i often hibernate and leave my fone behind for days on end. and when i finally resurface, charging my fone's not even top priority. when i do turn it on, i would receive gazillion messages, the mildest of which would go something like this "UTANG NA LOOB ELLA GAMITIN MO NAMAN YUNG CELLPHONE MO" or "god ella, throw away your simcard na. it's freakin useless."
4. i can't leave without my sunnies.
yes. sometimes i step out of my room, realize that i left my mobile phone, and not bother at all. but when i'm out on the streets and i realize i dont have my shades on, i run back upstairs and grab my shades. i dont care if i dont have time enough to do this but i'd rather be late then leave my peepers unprotected. oh, and when i say sunnies, i mean them. this does not pertain to the small discreet ones fbi, csi, abc agents wear all the time. i mean loud, huge, oldskool shades just like jackie o's.
5. i soooo love watching the news!
it's the most entertaining soap opera on tv, not to mention the longest running!! oh yea. i get my yahoos watching these half assed politicians and whathaveyous make a joke of themselves just for their 15 minutes of fame. i enjoy watching these people cook up gimmicks just to make an even more mockery out of my dear precious philippines. i find faint humour in how when i think our political arena could not get dirtier, the 15 minute newsflash would just prove me wrong once again. it is also highly entertaining the way these people cook up lies, lame excuses, poorly executed dramas, and yet highly entertaining of all is that the masses just eat it all up.. i guess that;s why although poverty is very rampant here, nobody really goes hungry. oops. dont get me started about this topic. you will never hear the end of it.
6. i love vintage stuff.
i seriously believe i was born in the wrong era. i wouldve given anything at all to be able to be a teenybopper in the 30's, 40's 50's, 60's 70's or even 80's. i love the fashion sense, i love the lifestyle, i love the story and the romance behind every woman's smokey lashes. i love the simplicity of life's complications back then. my icons are jackie o., bette davies, vivienne leigh, audrey hepburn, deborrah kerr, katharine hepburn, of course grace kelly, locally, sharon cuneta, imelda marcos. i long for the gentlemen in the movies, this tall, tanned and sophisticated gentlemen who are too much of a rake to settle down yet armed with too much charm to resist.. i would gladly gladly give up the comforts of today's technology for a day with these women. yes. i was born in the wrong era.
7. i love designer bags
but then again, every woman does. but for me, i dont care if i have sack cloth on, if my shoes give me blisters and callouses (as long as it's stilettos, minimum of three inches) if my earings are pearl knock offs, if i barely have a centavo in my wallet, as long as i have a good bag up my arm. i dont mind starving for months on end. really.
8. i m extremely allergic to stuffed toys.
i was a sickly kid. growing up, i used to have all these medical paraphernalias in my room. you name an antibiotic for newborn, infants, todddlers and kids, circa 1980s - 1990s, i am sure to have gobbled it up. it's lucky i have the whole resources of Family Care Hospital and some of Perpetual Help Hospital at my disposal then. i had asthma, among others and this is why i cant have stuffed toys, especially those manufactured then, as it was extremely hairy! growing up, i had a whole lot of toys including stuffed toys which was mostly gifts but i was never allowed to play with them. they would just be gathering dust in the stockroom until a lucky maid would steal them. suffice to say i was never partial to stuffed toys. that's why i didn't really felt too much remorse when i had to throw out that giordano teddy bear amongst others as part of getting over the ghost of a relationship past.
9. i require fidelity in a lover.
of course fidelity is such a vague concept in itself but i have to have a faithful lover. i'm not even talking about sex. i'm talking about actual, tangible love, if there is even such a thing. i have to be the only one in his heart, in his life. i grew up a very spoilt unica hija, unica apo and unica pamangkin for a loooong, looong time before my brother and cousins came along. i was the only kid, and ive never learnt how to share what's mine. i ain't surely gonna start now..
i believe that trust is the most important thing in a relationship, moreso than love. because no matter how much i love a person, if i dont trust him anymore, i simply dont feel secure. everytime he's not with me, i dont trust him anymore, and even if he is with me, i dont trust that i am the only one in his mind at all. and yes, no matter how much i love the person mistrust will slowly but surely eat away that love. and then what will be left? mistrust that can easily fester into hate. no matter how strong a relationship's foundation is, it will surely crumble. it aint a very pretty picture to paint innit? i am a very trusting person, gullible even. but once you destroyed that trust, i am sorry, but it is gone forever. the thing is, i am not even clingy. i let my guy do his thing and i do mine. i trust him to be adult enough to know what's right from wrong.
1o. i happen to love love love my family to death and actually like them.
i know everyone loves their family on a "we have to" kind of way, but i do like mine, which is something that not a lot can say. my family, with all our flaws and imperfections are just perfect for me. we are completely in sync, yes there are dis agreements and such, but all these are minor and when it comes down to the big guns, we are united.
whew, that was a lot more personal than i first expected. now you know a little more about me than just makeupjunkie.. :D how about you? i would love to hear from all of you so hit me up the comments section, or do post something similar in your blogs.. til next post lovelies.. :D